About the recipe:
Apollo fish is a famous recipe from the cuisines of Hyderabad. Its contains crisply fried fish tossed in a spicy gravy. It serves as a tasty and spicy sidedish.
- Fish (cut into thin slices)- 1 cup
- Maida – 1 spoon
- Corn flour – 1 spoon
- Besan flour – 1 spoon
- Egg – 1
- Ginger (chopped finely) – 1 spoon
- Garlic (chopped finely) – 2 spoons
- Chillies – 3(slit)
- Curd – 3 spoons
- Chili powder – 1 spoon
- Coriander powder – 2 spoons
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 spoon
- Pepper powder -1/2 spoon
- Coriander leaves – 50gms (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice – 1spoon
- Use hard fish, do not use flaky fish. Fish is cooked twice so flaky fish might not retain their structure.
- Take fish in a bowl, add maida, corn flour, besan flour, egg, salt, turmeric powder, 1/2 spoon chili powder and mix till the fish is fully coated.
- Shallow fry the fish till it becomes crispy.
- Now add oil to a pan and add ginger, garlic and chillies and saute well.
- Add salt, turmeric powder , coriander powder, 1/2 spoon chili powder, pepper powder, curd and saute.
- After the spices have cooked well add the fried fish, coriander leaves and toss till the gravy is fully absorbed by the fish. Sprinkle lemon juice and serve hot.