About the recipe:
Shakarpara is an Indian snack famous in the northern part of India. It goes well with tea.This snack is usually fried in ghee(clarified butter) or oil. This baked shakarpara recipe is for those who want to eat shakarpara and save calories. Happy cooking 🙂
- All purpose flour – 250 gms
- Rava (semolina) – 2 tablespoons
- Butter/Ghee – 2 tablespoons
- Cardamom – 3
- Sugar – 3 tablespoons
- Salt – as per taste
- This recipe will make a light sweet sharkarpara. If you have a sweet tooth, you can add more sugar as per your taste.
- Add sugar to a bowl, add a little water and stir till the sugar disolves.
- Now add salt, butter, powdered cardamom, flour and mix into a soft dough.
- Roll the dough into 1/2cm thin sheet and cut small into small cubes or diamonds.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C for 10 mins.(Both the heating elements on.)
- Now bake the shakarpara at 180°C for 20 mins.(The temperature and the time of baking may vary slighty depending upon your oven).
- Let it rest for 10 mins and then serve with tea.