About the recipe:
Bread halwa is a delicious desert which can be prepared within minutes. This finger licking dish will leave you wanting for more.
- Bread – 5 slices
- Milk – 1 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Ghee – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 spoon
- Nuts – As per personal preference
- Salt – a pinch
- The amounts of sugar and ghee can be varied according to personal preference.
- Toast the bread slices in a pan or toaster till it turns light brown and crispy.
- Boil the milk and keep it aside.
- Now add the toasted bread slices to the milk and let it soak well.
- Add sugar, a pinch of salt,cardamom powder and a cup of water to a pan and heat until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Now add the milk and bread mixture and stir well until well combined.
- Add ghee little by little to the mixture and stir well until the halwa comes to a consistency where it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Garnish the halwa with nuts fried in ghee. Delicious bread halwa is ready. It tastes amazing when served both hot and cold.