About the recipe:
The chickpeas or channa is packed with protein, vitamin B-6, iron and magnesium. This recipe involves using these healthy chickpeas in a delicious korma broth rather than making the usual channa masala.
- Boiled chickpeas
- Fried onions – 2 cups
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Soaked cashew nuts – 10
- Ginger garlic paste
- Coconut paste
- Chili powder – 2 spoons
- Coriander powder – 1/2 spoon
- Cumin powder – 1/2 spoon
- Garam masala – 1/2 spoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 spoon
- Whole spices( Pepper, elachi, cloves, cinnamon stick) – 1 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil as per personal preference
The chili, coriander and cumin powder, garam masala can be adjusted to your taste. Make sure the yogurt is not too sour.
- Grind fried onions, soaked cashew nuts and yogurt into a think paste.
- Add oil to a pan and add the whole spices and fry till the flavors infuse into the oil, then add a spoon of ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is gone.
- Now add the ground paste in the oil, then add salt, turmeric, chili, coriander and cumin powder, garam masala and allow the mixture to simmer on low heat for 20 mins. Do not forget to cover the pan so that the moisture escapes slowly.
- Now you can see the oil separate. Add the boiled chickpeas and two spoons of coconut paste and allow the korma to boil for 5 mins.
- Tasty and delicious channa korma is ready. Serve it with chapathi, naan or any Indian bread.