About the recipe:
Chicken tandoori is one of the most delicious Indian recipe.
- Chicken – 1/2
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Red Chili powder – 3 spoons
- Coriander powder – 1 1/2 spoon
- Cumin powder – 1 1/2 spoon
- Garam masala – 1 1/2 spoon
- Pepper powder – 1/2 spoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 spoon
- Lemon juice – 2 spoons
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 spoon
- Mint paste – 1 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Melted butter
All the above mentioned spices can be altered as per your taste. Chicken should be marinated overnight for perfect results.
- Take the washed chicken and make gashes all over it. Chicken legs, thighs or wings can be done separately or half chicken or full chicken can be cooked like the one shown in the picture.
- Add yogurt, salt, red chili, coriander, cumin, turmeric and pepper powder, garam masala, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, mint paste and oil to the chicken and nicely apply all over the chicken. Apply well into the gashes. Cover the chicken with aluminium foil and allow it to marinate in the fridge overnight.(not freezer)
- Now place the marinated chicken in a baking tray and cook in the oven for 30 mins at 200°C. (Oven should be preheated for 10 mins). Monitor the chicken, cover it with aluminium foil in case it starts to burn.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and glace it with melted butter. Cook the chicken for 5 more mins in the oven at 200°C. This will give a beautiful glace to this mouth watering dish. Remove the dish from the oven and enjoy a juicy tandoori chicken.