About the recipe:
This is a Tibetian dish modified to suit the Indian palate. It has the necessary amount of veggies and protein and will serve as a fantastic winter lunch or dinner.
- Boiled noodles
- Chicken breast – 1
- Egg – 2
- Chopped garlic – 2 cloves
- Chopped green chili – 2
- Sliced onion – 1
- Vegetables sliced into julienne s (Carrot, Cabbage, Capsicum, Beans)
- Chili powder
- Garam masala
- Tomato sauce
- Chili sauce
- Chicken stock
- Salt to taste
Vegetable can be taken as per personal preference. Best Thukpa can be achieved if the recipe contains one third noodles, one third veggies and one third protein (chicken and egg).
- Slice the chicken breast. Add chili powder and salt and saute in a tea spoon of oil. Do not saute until its crisp. Chicken breast will tend to become chewy if overcooked. It should be well cooked but should retain the juices in it.
- Beat the eggs with a pinch of chili powder and salt and make an omelette and cut into strips.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the the chopped garlic and green chili. After its cooked add the onion and fry till they are cooked, now add the veggies and fry.
- Add salt,chili powder and garam masala. When the veggies are half done add the chicken stock and allow it to boil.
- Add tomato sauce and chili sauce as per your taste. Cook till the vegetables reach a stage where they are cooked well but not mashy.
- To serve add noodles to the serving bowl and pour this hot soup along with the veggies. Top it with the chicken and egg strips. Note that the soup should just be enough to soak the noodles. Enjoy this hot and healthy soupy noodles on a winter afternoon.