Coconut milk Pulao
About the recipe:
Coconut milk Pulao is a recipe packed with flavors of spices, mint and coconut milk. It serves as a great meal. This recipe can be served with any spicy curry.
- Rice – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Chilies – 4
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 spoon
- Whole garam masala (Cinnamon sticks,cardamom, cloves, star anise) – 1 spoon
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 spoon
- Mint leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 spoon
- Butter – 1 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Add oil and butter to a pressure cooker and add whole garam masala to it. After flavors infuse into the oil add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is gone.
- Now add sliced onion, chillies, mint leaves and saute well.
- Then add one cup of water, cup of coconut milk, garam masala powder, lemon juice and salt and allow it to boil.
- When the mixture comes to a boil add one cup of rice and close the pressure cooker. Cook it in slow flame for 20 mins. Pulao is ready. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot.