Fish curry Andhra style
About the recipe:
This is a recipe in which fish is cooked in a spicy curry. The recipe is one of the multiple ways in which fish is cooked in Andhra Pradesh, India. This way of cooking is more suitable for oily fish and fresh water fish.
- Fish – 4 big pieces
- Onion chopped – 1
- Tomato chopped – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 spoon
- Whole spices – 1 spoon (Cinnamon stick, cloves,cumin,pepper)
- Tamarind – small lemon size
- Red chili powder – 2 spoons
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 spoon
- Garam masala – 1/2 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Add oil to the pan and add whole spices. Fry them till the flavors infuse in the oil.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is gone.
- Add the chopped onions, salt to taste and turmeric powder and fry till the onions turn slight brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and fry till they start loosing their texture.
- Now squeeze the tamarind in hot water and add the puree.
- Add red chili powder and garam masala and allow the curry to boil.
- Add the fish and allow the curry to boil till the fish is fully cooked. Spicy Andhra style fish curry is ready to feast on.