Homemade chicken pizza
About the recipe:
Pizza is an Italian dish that is popular all over the world. Over time the choice of toppings have evolved according to local palate. Here is my choice of toppings for a delicious and finger licking pizza.
- All purpose flour / Maida – 200 gms
- Yeast – 2 gms
- Sugar – 1 spoon
- Olive oil – 3 spoons
- Tomato sauce
- Sliced onion
- Sliced capsicum
- Chicken breast
- Mozzarella cheese
- Mixed herbs
- Pepper powder
- One cup of flour will require one gram of yeast.
- The quantity of the toppings can be varied according to personal preference.
- Add yeast and sugar to warm water and keep it aside for 5 mins and let the yeast to rise.
- Now add this to the flour and add a pinch of salt and knead well to form a soft dough. Cover the dough with a wet cloth and keep it in a warm place for one hour. After one hour the dough should have approximately doubled in size.
- Now take the dough and knead it again to release the air pockets. Then spread the dough on a pan. Traditionally pizza is made on a stone oven, when we make it at home using convection oven, the base if often under cooked. To compensate this we first spread the dough on a pan and heat it under slow flame till it forms a light brown crust in the base.
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and saute it in a pan till its cooked.
- Now spread the tomato sauce on the pizza dough. Spread the chopped onions, chopped capsicum and sauteed chicken. Tear pieces of mozzarella and top it on the pizza dough. Sprinkle mixed herbs, salt and pepper powder.
- Cook the pizza in preheated oven at 200°C for around 10 to 15 mins till the crust turns brown and cheese melts. Finger licking Chicken pizza is ready.