Mirchi ka salan
About the Recipe:
Mirchi ka salan is a spicy curry which is usually had with biryani. This tasty sidedish also goes well with any flat bread.
- Peanuts – 1/2 cup
- Sesame seeds – 2 spoons
- Desiccated coconut – 3 spoons
- Green chillies (As per preference)
- Cumin seeds – 1 spoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 spoon
- Sliced onion – 1 cup
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 spoon
- Chili powder – 1 spoon
- Cumin powder – 1/4 spoon
- Coriander powder – 1/2 spoon
- Salt to taste
- In the original recipe the green chillies are deep fried in oil, but I prefer brushing the chillies in oil and grilling them in the oven for 15 mins.
- Dry roast the peanuts and sesame seeds in a pan till they turn light brown. Remove them and allow them to cool, then add the desiccated coconut and grind into a fine paste.
- Add oil to a pan and add cumin seeds. After they crackle add onion and ginger garlic paste and saute till the onions turn brown.
- Then add the peanut sesame coconut paste, curd, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt and cook the curry in a slow flame for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins you will see the oil seperating from the curry. Now add the deep fried or grilled green chillies and cook for 5 more mins and switch off the flame. The spicy curry is done.