Mutton sambar/ mutton dalcha
About the recipe:
Mutton sambar/dalcha is a very tasty main course which goes well with flat bread, dosa, idli or rice. It has both mutton and vegetables so its very healthy.
- Mutton with bones – 1 cup
- Toor dal – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Carrot – 1
- Raw mango – 1/2
- Diced bottleguard – 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 spoon
- Whole garam masala – 1 spoon
- Chili powder – 1 spoon
- Coriander powder -1/2 spoon
- Cumin powder – 1/4 spoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 spoon
- Garm masala – 1/2 spoon
- Tamarind paste – 1 spoon
- Salt to taste
- All the vegetables should be diced into big pieces.
- Take a pressure cooker, add the mutton and a cup of water and cook in slow flame for 20 minutes.
- Use the stock and cook the toor dal to a mashy consistency.
- Take a pan and heat oil. Add whole garam masala. After the flavours have infused in the oil add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is gone.
- Now add all the vegetables and cook it covered till the vegetables are cooked well.
- Then add the mutton, dal, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, tamarind paste and salt.
- Mix well and stop the flame once it comes to a boil. Tasty mutton sambar is ready.