About the recipe:
Nalla Kaaram is a podi which is eaten with rice along with a splash of ghee. Its a dish from Andhra Pradesh,India. This podi increase the heat in the body hence its consumed during winters and by women after delivery.
- Coriander -100 gms
- Bengal gram dal – 1 spoon
- Black gram dal – 1 spoon
- Cumin -1 spoon
- Garlic – 1 big size
- Dry Red chilies – 25-50 gms (as per personal preference)
- Tamarind – 1 small lemon size
- Jaggery – 1 small lemon size
- Salt – 25-50 gms (as per personal preference)
- Add a little oil to a hot pan and roast the red chilies till they turn light brown and keep it aside.
- Then a little oil and roast the rest of the ingredients, except salt and jaggery, till they turn light brown.
- Then add the red chillies, the remaining ingredients, salt and jaggery and grind then in a blender. Nalla Kaaram is ready to serve.