About the recipe:
Nargisi Kofta is an Arabian dish usually had with rice or flat bread. Boiled eggs are stuffed in minced meat (any meat lamb, chicken, turkey or beef) and fried to make koftas, then these koftas are cooked in a spicy gravy.
- Hard boiled egg – 3
- Chicken breast – 1
- Gram flour/ rice flour/ corn flour – 2 spoons
- Fried onions – 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 spoon
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Cashew nuts – 10
- Coconut – 1/4 cup
- Chili powder – 2 1/2 spoon
- Coriander powder – 1 1/2 spoon
- Cumin powder – 1 spoon
- Garam masala – 1 spoon
- Turmeric – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Any meat can be used to prepare these koftas
- In case its kebab mince the flour needn’t be used.
- Soak the cashew nuts in hot water for 15 mins before grinding
- Mince the chicken breast in a blender and add half a spoon of chili powder, half a spoon of coriander powder, half a spoon of cumin powder, half a spoon of garam masala, 2 spoons of any flour mentioned above, a pinch of turmeric and salt to taste and mix well.
- Now make small round shaped balls equal to the size of the egg, then flatten them and cover it around the egg to form an even and thin cover. Now fry these koftas in oil till the outer cover is cooked well.
- Grind the fried onions, cashew nuts and coconut to form a smooth paste.
- Now add oil to a pan. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell is gone. Then add the fried onion, cashew, coconut paste. After five minutes add the beaten curd. Then add chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric, garam masala and salt and mix well.
- Cook the gravy with the lid on for 15 mins in slow flame. When the oil separates add the koftas. Cook for another 5 mins. Delicious and mouth watering Nargisi kofta is ready to feast on.