Potato Peas Curry
About the recipe:
Bored of eating the regular aalu matar sabzi?? Try this potato peas curry which has an interesting twist. You will experience a burst of flavors in your mouth.This goes well with any Indian bread.
- Sliced onion – 1 cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 spoon
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Potato (cut into bite size pieces) – 1 cup
- Peas – 1 cup
- Capsicum – For Garnish
- Whole Spices – 1 spoon (fennel seeds, cardamom, cinnamon, star anise)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 spoon
- Chili powder – 1 spoon
- Garam Masala – 1/2 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Take oil in a pan and deep fry sliced onion until they turn brown. Blend them into a fine paste.
- Deep fry potato until they are cooked like finger chips and keep aside
- Deep fry pieces of capsicum for garnish.
- Now take oil in a pan and add the whole spices.
- After the flavors infuse into the oil add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell in gone.
- Add the fried onion paste and beaten yogurt and mix well.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala and peas and mix well. Cook the mixture covered in slow flame for 20 minutes. The mixture is well cooked when oil oozes and starts to float on top.
- Add the fried potato and cook for 5 mins on medium flame.
- Add fried capsicum and serve.