Quail (Kadai) Pepper fry
About the recipe:
Quail meat is rich in Iron and vitamin B6. Enjoy this simple and delicious quail recipe which goes well with any rice based dish.
- Quail – 2 birds (cleaned and cut into pieces)
- Curd – 1 cup
- Chili powder – 2 spoons
- Coriander powder – 1 spoon
- Cumin powder – 1/2 spoon
- Garam masala – 1/2 spoon
- Pepper powder – 1 spoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Quail meat should be cooked with lots of spices to avoid the raw smell of the meat.
- Add curd, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, salt to the quail meat and leave it aside to marinate for half an hour.
- Now add oil to the pan and add this marinated mixture and cook in slow flame for half and hour with the lid on. Stir occasionally.
- After half an hour, cook with the lid open on high flame till dry consistency is reached. Add pepper powder and stir well. Hot and spicy quail pepper fry is ready.