About the recipe:
Rajma masala is a spicy curry from the cuisines of Punjab. This can be had with any Indian bread or rice. It serves as a filling lunch or dinner.
- Rajma(soaked overnight) – 1 cup
- Cumin – 1 spoon
- Onion chopped – 1
- Tomato chopped – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 spoon
- Chili powder – 1 spoon
- Coriander powder – 1 spoon
- Cumin powder – 1/2 spoon
- Garam masala – 1/2 spoon
- Sugar – 1/2 spoon
- Butter – 1 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Onions and tomatoes should be very finely chopped. They can also be blended in a blender. Its as per your personal choice.
- Pressure cook the rajma to the consistency that the bean is soft but retains its shape.
- Add oil to the pan. After the oil is hot add cumin seeds, then add ginger garlic paste,chopped onion, salt and turmeric. Adding salt at this stage will help cook the onions fast by aiding it to loose moisture soon.
- After the onions are fried well add chopped tomatoes, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and cook on a low flame till it reaches a mashy consistency. Add water if required. Cook with the lid on.
- Now add boiled rajma, sugar and garam masala and cook for five more mins.Add a spoon of butter before switching off the flame.Hot hot Rajma masala is ready.