About the recipe:
This is the classic sandwich bread recipe.
- Maida (All purpose flour) – 250gms
- Yeast (self rising active dry yeast) – 5gms
- Milk – 1/2 cup ( 1 cup = 250ml )
- Vegetable oil – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Water if necessary
- Add sugar , yeast and oil to warm milk. Allow yeast to grow for 5 mins. Use good quality yeast for good results.
- Now add salt and all purpose flour and mix to form a sticky soft dough. Use warm water if required.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and keep it in a warm place for one hour or until the dough doubles in size.
- Now punch the dough and knock off all the air. Fold the dough to fit in a bread mold.
- Leave the dough covered in a warm place for one hour or until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven at 150°C for 10 mins. I use an oven which has heating from both sides. The size of my oven is 40L. Larger ovens might require higher temperature.
- Place the bread mold in the oven. Bake it uncovered for 30 minutes at 150°C, then cover it with aluminium foil and bake it for another 20 mins at the same temperature.
- Rest the bread until it cools completely. Now the bread is ready to serve.