Spicy Mushroom Fry
About the recipe:
Mushrooms are a great source of nutrients. This is a spicy mushroom recipe which goes well with any indian bread.
- Onion – 1/2 (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 3 spoons ( finely chopped)
- Mushrooms – 1 cup (diced)
- Capsicum – 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 spoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 spoon
- Chili powder – 1/2 spoon
- Kashmiri mirch powder – 1/2 spoon
- Pepper – 1 spoon (crushed)
- Garam masala – 1/2 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Add oil to a hot pan. Add cumin seeds. Then add garlic, capsicum, turmeric powder and onion and saute till the onions turn light brown.
- Add tomato and cook until they are mashy. Add Chili powder, Kashmiri mirch powder, garam masala and salt and mix well.
- Now add the mushroom and cook it covered in a slow flame until the mushrooms are cooked well. No water is required because the mushroom give away a lot of water. Do not cook on high flame, the mushrooms will become rubbery.
- The mushrooms will cook in approximately 20 mins. It might take longer depening on the type of ingredients used.
- After 20 mins just before switching off the flame add crushed pepper and mix well. Serve with any Indian bread.